our driveway two weeks ago
I have become quite the soup queen. I have found it is something I can do well. My latest was trying this Food Network recipe for a chickpea chicken noodle. I figured Toonces would hate it (not a chickpea or cilantro fan) and since he is going to be gone to the UVA vs. Duke game today in Charlottesville I thought it would be a nice weekend to try it for myself. But he loved it...go figure.
I told him I was getting so good at soups I felt like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.
"No soup for you!"
"Recipe comes from the Food Network magazine. Looks (and sounds) and tastes healthy and delicious!"
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Add the carrot, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and half of the cilantro; cook, stirring, unti the spices are toasted about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, 1 cup water, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to a simmer; then reduce the heat to medium low and cook